Help! Oh my goodness - I've been tagged!
This has never happened before - it's a meme - "10 things that make me happy."
Thank you Lucy Lopez for passing it on to me.
Well - it's quite strange when it comes to actually focussing on happiness, what exactly is it?
Does it imply that we are unhappy, until these moments of happiness arrive?
I don't feel that is so - they are peaks in an already positive landscape.
They seem to categorise themselves - for me.
* The relieving of a natural urge or desire - restoring comfort.
* Surprise events, serendipity - that snap us out of our expectations.
* Artistic satisfaction.
* Appreciation of constant treasures.
* Sublime moments of connection with or acute awareness of the miraculous.
1) The glow of satisfaction that follows a creative journey - be it a musical composition - or a piece of writing. When all the editing is done - and everything has fallen into place - you can allow yourself to say "It is finished."
2) Conducting an orchestra - when all the elements of a performance align themselves - a responsive audience, the weather (it affects the sound,) energy levels of the performers, singers, the orchestra playing sweetly in tune - there appears to be a golden thread running from start to finish - carrying the emotions - in an unbroken arc - and you are reminded again of the power and purpose of theatre.
3) Being "in the zone" - moments of improvisation on the piano - where I find the key, the harmony, the melodic phrase of that moment - a unique expression of inner feeling - translated into a mood, an atmosphere - it comes and is gone - but for that short duration - ecstacy.
4) Singing in a harmony group - where the result is so much more than the sum of the parts - to feel an entire group breathing, phrasing - singing as one - the sizzle of the harmony making the hairs on the neck stand up and take notice.
5) Receiving an unexpected compliment or appreciative remark - how considerate, to go beyond
themselves in that way - I must remember how pleasant that is - such a simple way to pass on a parcel of joy.
6) Driving on a beautiful day - when I have actually allowed ample time for the journey - a chance to practice good road manners.
7) Dreams - especially flying dreams - that is absolute ecstacy - to be able to levitate at will - and
fly. It's impressive as well.
8) Moments when the sublime humour of creation hits the nerve - caught unexpectedly with our sense of logic rendered helpless - and one is engulfed with laughter.
9) Feeling a heart full of love - knowing that it is there all the time - and that it depends on nothing externally.
10) The appreciation of friendship - it is a mystery how and who we meet in this life - and there are those precious friends, there in all weathers, for many, many years - in an unconditional way. That is a great blessing. I hope that I occupy that place for some people.
All done - wasn't as hard as I thought - in fact, I could probably go on. It is very therapeutic actually - to count one's blessings. Thank you Lucy.
So I pass this on to:-
Jane at Drippingmind
Lea at OceanOfPerspectives
Prakash at Wizards & Villains
& here's the other two "tag-mates" from Lucy
Rainer at Esoterical Journey
Allan at Baldeagle Blogs
This was passed to me by Lea at Ocean Of Perspectives
My goodness - this is getting very revealing.
- List these rules on your blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
7 FACTS about Ellumbra
1 - WORK: Left school aged 15 and joined the Grenadier Guards Band as a musician. Purchased a discharge after 6 years - on the road with a jazz/rock band - now self-employed - mainly working as Musical Director in theatre.
2 - EDUCATION: Professional qualifications - and experience - bucketloads.
3 - FRIENDSHIP: Quantity diminishes but quality shines through as time goes by. Mainly fellow musicians - an earthy, friendly race.
4 - RELATIONSHIPS: Married twice - divorced once - currently not in an intimate or happy personal relationship (work it out.)
5 - WWW: I can remember back to the 90's when it was the buzz-word - and I didn't have a clue what it was about. Buying a computer soon fixed that - it seems to become more and more useful and engaging every day. Many positives - and potential negatives.
6 - FITNESS: Fit - like to eat healthily - was vegetarian for 10 years, until I was seduced by a suasage roll - still prefer non-meat dishes out of choice. Enjoy yoga, from time to time - tea-total - but I do partake of tobacco (in the Native American way) - no, that's a cop out - I'm addicted.
7 - DREAMS: Still working at them - they are elusive and ill-defined, but include artistic satisfaction, spiritual happiness & and a fulfilling relationship.
So - I pass this on to:
Silent Storm at Psyche Analyzed
Camaroman at Let's All Be Friends
Maya at Mayamurofushi
Deborah Katy at Deborah Katy Thumb Blogger
Justin at Free For All
Jennifer at Writing To Survive
Sumayyah at Sumayyah Said So
Fellow tag-mates from Lea:
Mike at Live Life 365
Jeffrey at Jeffrey Kishner
Traffic Guru at Free Real Traffic
Bradley at How Is Bradley
Brian at Internet Marketing